play.skittlemc.com

Click to copy IP Address!

• Connect to the server with the IP: SkittleMC.com | See you there!

Resolved Regarding recent Skyblock money exploit

Aspect

Registered Member
I bought a voucher worth 50,000,000 from Surfacee he was selling for 10,000,000 but I never heard about this money thing going on. I don't need the 50,000,000 but it would be nice for me to have my 10,000,000 back. I'd appreciate the help as soon as possible.
Wrong area to post this in. Please post it here: https://www.skittlemc.com/forums/player-reports.15/
You weren't banned? also does anybody know how to file a appeal please
You can file an appeal here: https://www.skittlemc.com/forums/punishment-appeals.14/

Begell

Registered Member
Where do I make a ban appeal? I got banned too because of the money exploit. I couldn't figure out where to make one but ill keep looking.

Pixel

Registered Member
Hi,

Some of you may have noticed Skyblock economy got out of hand last night. Basically there was an exploit in one of our plugins (now patched) that allowed people to dupe money. Basically 2 people carried out this and paid large sums of money to random people on the server.

Anyone who was paid non legit money had those transactions reversed, some balances also went to 0 just because of how abusive the recipient was, etc.

If you notice you're banned, there's probably a good reason for it. We saw many people try and hide their money with bank notes, others bought stacks of spanners, etc. I spent a very long time tracing every transaction and where money went.

Those who spent their money with their non legit money and used it for their island had their islands rolled back 12 hours (this affected at most 10 people).

Lastly, any bank note that was made before yesterday are no longer valid. The reason being is many people tried this tactic to "redeem their money later on" and possibly thought if they hid from baltop, then they could just use the notes to get their money again.

Hopefully that clears things up!
- Steven

C

Crybaby2943

If you have any issues/questions regarding this, please PM me either here on the forums or my Discord!

Hi,

Some of you may have noticed Skyblock economy got out of hand last night. Basically there was an exploit in one of our plugins (now patched) that allowed people to dupe money. Basically 2 people carried out this and paid large sums of money to random people on the server.

Anyone who was paid non legit money had those transactions reversed, some balances also went to 0 just because of how abusive the recipient was, etc.

If you notice you're banned, there's probably a good reason for it. We saw many people try and hide their money with bank notes, others bought stacks of spanners, etc. I spent a very long time tracing every transaction and where money went.

Those who spent their money with their non legit money and used it for their island had their islands rolled back 12 hours (this affected at most 10 people).

Lastly, any bank note that was made before yesterday are no longer valid. The reason being is many people tried this tactic to "redeem their money later on" and possibly thought if they hid from baltop, then they could just use the notes to get their money again.

Hopefully that clears things up!
- Steven
Hello Steven, I have been recieving items on my /pv I had already thrown out such as beacons that I got while we recieved a lot of money, spawners, bank notes, etc. The problem is as well that I had a Sharpness V Fire Aspect II Unbreaking III and a few pots that I dont really care about, and all of those items were replaced by the old items. If you want, I could try to send a screenshot of it the night before and the day after. Thank you.
[doublepost=1533057278,1533057228][/doublepost]
i made a ban appeal too idk if the devs have seen it tho
Crafty, you were one of the original money duplicators. They said on the ban "No unban"...

CraftyMiner_7

Registered Member
I didnt duplicate the money i recieved it and made banknotes so i was banned but i definately didnt duplicate the money
[doublepost=1533058372,1533057340][/doublepost]also i saw some people who had the "No unban" and they appealed and got unbanned so....

TheSadBandit

Registered Member
I bought a voucher worth 50,000,000 from Surfacee he was selling for 10,000,000 but I never heard about this money exploit going on. I don't need the 50,000,000 but it would be nice for me to have my 10,000,000 back. I'd appreciate the help as soon as possible.
He did the same thing to me, I reported him and he was banned. I did notice he hadn't stopped, it would be best if he was banned for a higher time than what he was (I believe his ban is about 5 days or 1 week). I feel like he should have his bal reversed as well (give money back to the people he scammed.

**Note: he did return the money to me, as I told him if he didn't I would report. Though he returned it I still reported due to the fact that those actions are unpleasant to play with.

Pixel

Registered Member

TheSadBandit

Registered Member
Like I said, I don't want to read you talking about your unban appeal, and neither does anyone else who gets a notification whenever you comment. It isn't necessary and will most likely get your appeal denied since it's pressuring Staff to do their job because YOU want them to unban you. If you let them do their job, they will look over it. (I'm speaking from current and previous experience), in the Gmod TTT Server I'm Admin on, if someone sends me their unban appeal link and spams it everywhere in forums, I'm going to make sure to deny it due to it being unnecessary spam and it being annoying.

Pixel

Registered Member
Sorry, I will try not to send anymore links and not to bother them
Probably a year till they see it then they're like f**k it lets not unban him.

TheSadBandit

Registered Member
Or stop being a bitch about it and wait the proper amount of time. The more you bitch, the more time you're going to wait. If you were mature you would wait it out and find something else to do with your life instead of play Minecraft 24/7. There's a reason no one has seen your appeal, and it's not that staff don't have eyes, it's that someone probably told them not to look at the appeals, staff aren't retarded, so stop pressuring them to do what they aren't paid to do.

TheSadBandit

Registered Member
Yeah, I really don't care about the results on his appeal. It's more the fact that he advertises it instead of waiting, I gave him my opinion and some suggestion on what to do and I'm chill asf.