Welcome to SkittleMC!

Hi there, and welcome to the forums of SkittleMC! We are a fun and existing community focused on delivering you the best possible gameplay experience. You may choose to join our website by clicking the register button below. This will open up the ability to talk with our other members!

1. Connect to the server with the IP: SkittleMC.com | See you there!
    Dismiss Notice

Announcement Regarding Recent Harassment

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Phoenix, Sep 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JavaKat104

JavaKat104 Registered Member

Really? He made one mistake and you're hating him for it? I know he harassed someone but seriously... It's over and done with, everyone has moved on... @Omega good luck with the new server <3 Can you private message me the name of the server please??

2. BrokenDawn36146

BrokenDawn36146 Registered Member

I'm not gonna be nice to a guy who harasses the staff

3. CravingBanana

CravingBanana Registered Member

Ironwilder, I'm ashamed in you...

4. xKibbeh

xKibbeh Registered Member

This is something seriouse that has happened over the past few weeks, and I'm glad to see its being delt with, Some people don't understand that bullying, harassing, cyber bullying.. It all hurts someone, Everyone has feelings, I've seen players bully eachother as far as to going as spreading rumors and being racist.

Recently in chat there seems to be quite a bit of '' Flame wars/ Roast wars '' I believe this is where it starts off, I've had some old friends that have been picked on because of there username, Or even there rank, Even donators going around and saying '' Hello noobies, And you 'Free' ranked peasants'' Its awful, I feel really bad for those affected people, as some of them have changed there name so they wouldn't be recognised the way they were being recognised before.

A lot has happened in chat and its hard to recognise these details in chat due to it going really quickly most of the time. Just letting you know if people are bullying eachother, Don't just stand there and watch it, or help, add details and choose a side!, If it gets to the point where its horribly bad, Screenshot It, And report it at: https://www.skittlemc.com/forums/reports/

From today on everyone should realise how others feel. Just because you dislike or don't wanna be friends with someone... Doesn't mean you have to bully them and make them feel useless etc..
    • Dont think of yourself as useless, Ugly, Dumb, or anything that's negative like that. You are you and you cant change that Everyone is Unique in there own special way.

Quote:
    ''The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. ''

Dont hate yourself.. As it will only make it worse.

• Like Like x 4
  5. CravingBanana

I think you're a little late xD
    Good advice though!

6. Soopreem

Soopreem Registered Member

This harassment has subsided a little. Some people even said sorry when they teased someone, that is good. But the person they teased gets mad and starts making drama. This has gone down a bit too low. Some people are kind and funny. Where some people are just downright annoying as they are making up drama and lies about someone. As a member of the community i root for anyone to stand up to whoever they are getting harassed by and tell them to stop! I know its hard, but just do it. If it goes a little too far, contact a mod or admin or file a report. The worst thing that can happen is you retaliating and you get the blame. Or if u just don't want them to speak to you, there is a command called /eignore. /eignore is very useful against players who are harassing you. Not many people use it. We really should. Or skittlemc can get a swear filter but enough is enough. Thank you, have a good holiday, and PEACE!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. CravingBanana

I have an argument to a few of your claims. It isn't always as easy as to /eignore, and as staff is similar to duty to get rid of these is players before they do harm. They could be lying to you in the community, they may know you from real life encounters. My point is, bullies usually go further than to bully their victims in private, however go out of their way to publicly shame, harass and embarrass the victim. Therefore as staff, they must use other techniques to counter these bullies such as banning because soliciting nudes and publicly shaming someone is not ok. Okay, hope you agree and see where my points are coming one. Have a great day! Regards,
    CravingBanana <3

• Like Like x 3
  8. Arthurhawker

Arthurhawker Registered Member

Just because there's an /eignore command doesn't mean we should let these scumbags go do whatever they want, so we just ignore them and then hope their next victim will ignore them too? These scumbags shouldn't be apart of the community in general.

• Like Like x 3
  9. 43V

43V Registered Member

Its not they didnt help they was afk or busy or they didnt see ur message and if someone was bullying u just ignore him and be yourself btw use this to ignore /ignore /eignore or /ignoreplayer

• Like Like x 1
  10. LogicalNerd

LogicalNerd Registered Member

I agree, Phoenix. It is really out of hand and getting very ridiculous. So don't care what these other people are saying because they don't understand the gravity of this situation and the damage it can do to the staff team and the server.

• Like Like x 1
  11. UltimateDogGuy

UltimateDogGuy Registered Member

Yeah this is a real problem seeing as this can tear down an entire server.

• Like Like x 3
  12. LeakCentral(SmartBreeze)

LeakCentral(SmartBreeze) Registered Member

I agree with everything but the roast battle part. My irl friends and are I are involved in much a roast battle, it’s just fun teasing and it’s fun to think of clever jokes, if you’re short tempered then it’s best not to get involved (like a friend I have), but if you can take a joke and have fun it’s a good old roast battle. Harassment starts not from teasing, but from being plain mean for no reason. Like digging at the core of the person. It’s like h3h3 and keemstar. H3h3 just teases for good fun and it’s hilarious, keemstar is just a plain old dick.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Soopreem

Then the best thing to do is to screen shot their words, report them, and they won't be apart of the community any more. Enough is enough, people are leaving the server and spreading rumors about other people just for the fun of it. What they don't know is that it might scar the person in real life, as they would do something harmful like (i'd rather not say as you already know what it is). People need to grow up and start behaving like actual people. Even animals are better than the way some people act on the server. EVEN DONKEYS! they know when to stop, (im not saying they can harrass you but they listen if u give them a punishment or two.) I think that ph0nx should change the ban to a perm ban as it doesn't teach those harassers a lesson. It just gets rid of them for 14 days. After the ban, BAM. They do it again. Some people even go out of their way to even use an alt to continue bullying them. This has gotten WAY out of hand. As i said before, it has subsided a little, but now it increased slightly. If you see someone getting harassed, don't just be a bystander and watch. That makes you as guilty as the bully. (not only you but everyone else) PEACE, SALTY OUT!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Soopreem

Ph0nx should add a rules room where when u first join the server, there are signs placed all over the room telling you what not to do. It will be quite useful as it tells these people what not to do. As some people listen, the majority of the harassment will subside even more. So, they should add a swear filter, and kicks everytime someone swears, and when they get kicked 5 times in a row, they get a 5min ban. This will provide the server with good people without a dirty mind nor mouth. They should also change the server to factions and survival, as these other "warps" are just downright disgusting. PEACE WHALE IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. LeakCentral(SmartBreeze)

LeakCentral(SmartBreeze) Registered Member

Don’t necro post...

This thread gave me too many notifications when it was active, please don’t start it again lol

• Like Like x 2
  16. BrokenDawn36146

BrokenDawn36146 Registered Member

I don’t feel like a swear filter is necessary. Plus I think it should just be survival. As SmartBreeze said please don’t necro post. And I don’t think it should be an instant perm ban for harassment. I think it should be a temp ban at first and if they continue then a perm ban

17. CravingBanana

Don't doubt post please
    Edit : Oh didn't see that SmartBreeze

18. Puppylover_1502

Puppylover_1502 Registered Member

Although this is true, most people (preferably online) take it way too far and it gets out of hand. I think that is what Uni was trying to say (not speaking for you Uni, just guessing). Anyway, so yeah, 'roast battles' do start harassment, i think, because people just start off too far into the hurtful zone and it ends up with someone being upset. Someone could get really hurt if someone else said to them, something like, "Hey SpookyPuppy, you are so fat, you need a 7 seater car to drive alone!! AHAHA" Then other people will start laughing at this 'roast'... "Lol!" "Hahahha" "BAHAH SO FUNNY xD" "xD"... I think you get it now.... But yeah so then it starts to be hurtful because, if everyone on the server (this would be unrealistic but just saying) started laughing at this roast, and probably you, would you feel hurt? I think i would. So thats my point, harassment and preferably fights sometimes start with these 'Roast Battles' or whatever...

-Puppy <3

• Like Like x 1
  19. CravingBanana

Don't double post please
    Edit : Oh didn't see that SmartBreeze

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.