Welcome to SkittleMC!

Hi there, and welcome to the forums of SkittleMC! We are a fun and existing community focused on delivering you the best possible gameplay experience. You may choose to join our website by clicking the register button below. This will open up the ability to talk with our other members!

1. Connect to the server with the IP: SkittleMC.com | See you there!
    Dismiss Notice

Announcement Regarding Recent Harassment

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Phoenix, Sep 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siruoha

Just put it all in 1 message. Nice and simple. You can even put spaces between the answers.

Just like this.

There is a rule against mini-modding on the forums? I thought it was only under "Network rules"

#81 Siruoha, Sep 7, 2017 at 7:19 PM
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Jimmyt26

Jimmyt26 Registered Member

Thanks for standing up for everybody Phoenix. I've experienced so much harassment my self in the past, and I usually have to go through my day just ignoring it. However this never works, because then it just gets bottled up inside you, and it'll come out eventually. Luckily there are good people out there who can help you through it. Fortunately, I haven't seen quite as much drama on the server, which makes me so happy.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Siruoha

Yeah, this servers drama and harassment are not bad compared to others.
    If you ever wanna talk to someone feel free to come to me. I'm not staff but I would love to just have a conversation with you if you need to get stuff off your chest. The good thing about this server is that almost anyone would be willing to lend a helping hand to people who need one.

• Like Like x 3
  4. DroidRazer

DroidRazer Registered Member

I dont even have to say anything, because my thoughts and beliefs have been written by other members of forums and staff. There will always be harrassment in servers. I will admit that. Be when people go outright and harrass the people who try and protect the servers for others? Thats when its gone too far. MachineManiaIII posted a list of bans that phoenix had made, and when I saw one of the supposed leaders of 420, I was shocked. These individuals deserve this.

~DroidRazer

5. DroidRazer

DroidRazer Registered Member

xd i love it, but you only need to say staff party, because the second half of your statement just negates the first, just tryin ta help.

6. IronWilder

Retired

Please don't double post. (I would like a party)

You can always come to a staff member if someone is harassing you. I guarantee you that you will be helped :)

7. SuperEthos

SuperEthos Registered Member

2 things on the subject.

1) BLOCK GAME. May I remind all "cyberbullies" around here that this is a block game designed for children. Are you really going to harass the people who spend hours of their day doing things here? Are you really that low?

2) Often times, people who do this kind of thing will say "But it's just a joke, grow up." In a world that's text-reliant, things that are meant as jokes can be portrayed as real and intentional insults. Be careful what you say; it may come back to bite you.

8. IronWilder

Retired

We take any and all means of harassment very seriously we don't care if it's a "joke". Thank you for posting Ethos ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Puppylover_1502

Puppylover_1502 Registered Member

I love that!! Also, instead of reposting, make do of the new Edit Feature :D
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Karma is a poop xD

10. Infiniti

Infiniti Registered Member

Thank you soooo much they were so mean to me

• Like Like x 4
  11. Siruoha

Are you ok now? Sometimes people who say mean things can really damage people.

12. Puppylover_1502

Thank goodness that most staff actually sees this stuff! If they didn't, it would be horrific!!

13. Wristo

Retired

I just want to throw in my two cents here.

To everyone here arguing that these people being harassed need to "deal with it" or "suck it up," I respect your opinion and understand where it's coming from, but I highly doubt most you have experienced consistent harassment from multiple people.

I'm not a fragile person. Neither are the majority of these people being harassed. But let me tell you, being in an environment where there are people consistently trying to make your life a living hell will wear you down. I don't care who you are, it will affect you. I know this, I've been playing social online games for 9 years. This message is not intended to be a sob story, but I've been in these situations.

To the people who are doing the harassing (if you're even reading this), I know how it can seem harmless to say something hurtful. I've done it before. You've probably heard this a million times before, but put yourself in their shoes. If someone, every day, followed you around and kept poking you, no matter how many times you asked them to stop, it would get annoying, right? It's the same thing, just so much more harmful. When you try to bother someone mentally, the effects are much different.

Human beings are social creatures; we want to belong and know we have others to support us. This helps us be content and happy. I don't care who you are, you are hardwired this way. These hateful and negative comments surrounding someone will change how they think. It creates feelings of discontentment by nature. At the end of the day, no person can change our deepest instinct.

Before you say something negative or hateful to someone, think about what you are doing. Often times people do it as a way to redirect irritation over something, like being jealous that someone was chosen to be staff and you weren't. Just saying; you can deny it all you want.

That's my take on it. Let me know what you think. ☺️

#93 Wristo, Sep 13, 2017 at 11:45 PM
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  14. Siruoha

Yeah, people can even try to joke with someone but end up hurting the person without the knowledge of it. So many things can lead to this kind of thing. I used to know somebody who would be mean to people because he himself had been bullied when he was younger. He thought he was allowed to do it because it was done to him. What I am trying to say is, what you get comes back to you. If you give out good comments to people, help people out, and so on. You will receive help in return.

But, if you are hateful to all around you or even to just one individual then, you will get your own side of hate back to you. This has already been proven in life. It happens so much that now we call it "karma."

• Like Like x 1
  15. SuperEthos

SuperEthos Registered Member

Hm... how can the message be said in just one sentence?

If you're going to say something, imagine what would happen if you said it to their face.

Now to get into some juicy stuff.

I am a staff member on another server as a Senior Mod. In that (and really any) staff position, you are basically putting yourself up as a giant neon sign that says "HATE ME". Because of this, it is expected that staff members of any server should be expected to be at least somewhat tolerant of harassment.

That said, this is not in any way an excuse to bully or harass a staff member. Despite what a surprising amount of players think, staff members are people too. Many are long-time players themselves and have been part of their server's community for many months. However, it's not the experience of a player that matters; it's the person on the other end.

A staff member is not a robot, a program, or a trained official. The vast majority of online moderators are volunteers who are paid nothing in return for their services for their respective communities. This means that the person typing each word and moving their avatar is just as much a human being as anyone else is. They have feelings, experiences, and abilities, just like everyone else. Humans, especially in their teenage years (which many players and/or moderators are in), are easily susceptible to harassment, both online and in person.

What makes online harassment special is its anonymity. While a player's real name, country of residence, or age may be seen by everyone, almost nobody has actually met that person. This allows those who harass others online to be able to say and do horrible things behind a "veil of invisibility" that keeps victims from identifying those who harassed them. This can bring about a sense of righteousness and invincibility that only add to the problems they cause.

As for normal players, if a message meant as a joke is sent, try to explicit say so or at least make it very obvious to everyone. This prevents unnecessary harm to others as well as punishment on the sender's end. If a joke is taken seriously or an argument goes too far, make sure to immediately apologize and do your best to right your wrong. Do not attempt to blame the other person for being a "baby"; you sent the message, you are at fault. If the recipient won't listen, just don't respond. Your apology was sent; continue as normal knowing that you did everything you could to solve the issue. It doesn't matter whether or not your apology was accepted. What matters is that you took the time to send an apology in the first place.

Thank you for your time.

#95 SuperEthos, Sep 14, 2017 at 12:46 AM
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Puppylover_1502

All i have to say is..... Wow. You, oh you, you are the wisest person ever! This message is so very true!! You literally covered EVERYTHING!!! I legit have nothing else to get out of my mouth. I am just, well, amazed. Please, can you come online, i will give you all my money xD I PRAISE YOU YOUNG ONE :p xD

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wristo

Retired

Thanks, but no need haha.

18. Arthurhawker

Arthurhawker Registered Member

I've been harassed lately by this guy named @IronWilder .... it's come to the point where I can't even sleep at night, he's been staring through my window.... I even noticed some cameras set up outside my window and down my plughole in the shower.... Even down the toilet they've been found!!

Kidding sorry just had to... ;P

• Like Like x 4
  19. BrokenDawn36146

BrokenDawn36146 Registered Member

OMG! Iron needs to explain himself...

• Like Like x 2
  20. Siruoha

Iron, what have you done....

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.