Welcome to SkittleMC!

Hi there, and welcome to the forums of SkittleMC! We are a fun and existing community focused on delivering you the best possible gameplay experience. You may choose to join our website by clicking the register button below. This will open up the ability to talk with our other members!

1. Connect to the server with the IP: SkittleMC.com | See you there!
    Dismiss Notice

Announcement Regarding Recent Harassment

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Phoenix, Sep 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puppylover_1502

Puppylover_1502 Registered Member

You are completely right Mr.! Sandpaper.....

2. IronWilder

Retired

@Puppylover_1502 please don't double post. Instead take advantage of our edit feature :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Skeeidu12

Skeeidu12 Registered Member

im sad and i left server because i got bullied by someone and no staff help me :(

4. LeakCentral(SmartBreeze)

LeakCentral(SmartBreeze) Registered Member

XenEpic was actually nice to me, I’m sad to they chose the wrong choices :(

• Like Like x 1
  5. LeakCentral(SmartBreeze)

What’s your IGN? I’ll give you 1m in game.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JavaKat104

JavaKat104 Registered Member

You guys seriously don't get it do you?? I was just trying to be nice.. I can't point out peoples grammatical errors? I don't see why you guys are so annoyed by this... It's a bit stupid that you've hated on me just because I pointed out an error.

• Like Like x 2
  7. x_Crouton

x_Crouton Registered Member

GG advice!

8. Frimarra

Frimarra Registered Member

My Defense For The Players of Skittle

Before I start, I just want to say this shouldn't even be a problem. Just temp forum ban whoever harasses you and mute them on Skittle... It's not that hard.

I'd like to say my opinion on this... I understand that you should not tolerate harassment. From what I've seen this is more he said she said between Pik_a_boo and the players. From what I heard you've been asking players for their view on this. Also, the fact most of this took place outside of the server disgusts me. Unless if they are constantly harassing her on the SkittleMC server or discord I do not think they deserve to be punished. I was told by multiple players you contacted them and talked to them about what they said. These players should be able to talk shit outside of here. Here's an example. I call Aurezilo a loser in a call and say he's bad at staff (only using him because I know him) and he hears this and tells you. I get banned for this. I understand this was an odd situation knowing the rumor that XenEpic and others were spreading.

Also, I did hear by word of mouth that you have been wanted XenEpic banned for a while, but then again... this is just word of mouth. That's also word of mouth that they were constantly harassing. I know that you contacted Blade_Of_Dark and was trying to contact SqueakyNurd. Unless if it really affects Pik_a_boo in game, who should be mature enough to handle this, then I don't understand why these players are punished. The reason Xen and others were gossiping about Pika was probably the fact she barely played here a week and got staff. Literally I had never seen her in chat or on the forums until she became staff. I don't have any personal problems with any of the staff team (anymore), but I sort of understand the hate.

I wasn't going to post this till I decided to overlook her application. It looks like she made it in 10 minutes wtf? I'm not going to question your judgement, but she spells manager manger and half her sentences don't have periods. When I used to try for staff on this server I would overlook every application you denied and try my best to avoid what they did. Her grammar and her bragging are 2 of the things I saw denied a lot. "I'm a babysitter but it's a on and off time. I babysit when my aunt needs me to and get paid roughly 50-70$." "Say no since it would be unfair to other player who are trying to apply" Like what... It seems like a staff member had some sort of influence on her getting trainee because my cat has better grammar.

I had problems with other staff before, but they had good applications and were well deserving. The problem was after they became trainee they had some mistakes. The trainee I'm talking about is IronWilder. He fixed himself and admitted to his mistakes, so I can't blame him. From what I saw of him before he was active and had a good attitude. It's the complete opposite here for Pika though. She went from literally doing nothing to doing everything. It should be doing everything you can to still doing everything you can after you get trainee.

Now back to the main topic and away with my reasons I found hate on her to be just. Before I continue I want to also say, Phoenix, if they did happen to harass her in person in chat and not through private messages or discord then post that please. If it was just something in their message logs of something like "I heard pika did this" then don't even try. I understand it affected Pika's mood IRL, but she should be mature enough to handle a bunch of middle-high schoolers talking trash to her. She's 18... If she is not emotionally stable enough to handle this then she shouldn't be staff. I know she is human, but she should be mature enough. I'm 14 and still able to handle this. She should be able to talk out her differences with the harassers instead of hiding behind you.

Overall, I don't think Pika should be demoted, though from this thread it makes it seem like I felt that way. Xen is generally a horrible person and tells his friends in calls to kill themselves, but if you really want him banned, then don't make it over a sour rumor him and others spread. Find something real for him to get banned for. Pika did not deserve staff in mine and many other's opinions. I'm glad she's at least being a fake personality to be good at staff at least. I've had friends before who were so fake to get staff. On MIneplex during around March, one of my friends completely blocked me out after they got staff. She is a good staff member, but it's not her. You can be fake to everyone Pika, but it's just really sad that you needed to do this for the position. Now please Phoenix... tell me how you got this evidence?

In honesty, I keep trying to finish this thread post, then keep stumbling across more stuff to talk about. I'm going to finish it here though I could write for another good hour. This ban is not deserving and I have lost all respect I had for Phoenix and SkittleMC overall. Skittle could've been a grass field, but the path you're taking it's a mountain. Your player base and popularity is going straight up, but eventually if shit like this continues then it'll start to go straight down back into a crevasse where it won't be able to leave like many other servers. It could've been a grass plain and stayed straight and steadily going up. It is still possible for the plain to eventually dive deep under, but it'd of taken way longer and been much less noticeable. Mineplex was a mountain. You're going to be following in their path if you continue here. Take the other road please.

Now before I post even more stuff I'm just going to post it. Cya @Phoenix and @Pik_A_Boo!

EDIT: I was pointed out by Lootious that she has been online for over a month, she just never talks in chat, she only builds. I then pointed out on her application where she says she is starts conversations in chat and monitors chat. That evens out that point. Oh yea, I'd also like to point out my complaint list is longer than her application.

It's also sad to see people suck up in the chat thread to look good. Just stop... I'm the only person actually willing to post this shit. I can kiss my dream to be staff goodbye though : )

Hey @Phoenix ! Now we have more problems! Pika has now muted me. I told her how I posted a defense to the players who got banned and she muted me when 20 players were spamming me to kill myself and to fuck off when I was just defending myself. Quality pick of cherries you got there!

#28 Frimarra, Sep 4, 2017 at 2:13 PM
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Puppylover_1502

Right... sorry xD

10. Puppylover_1502

Thanks.

11. LeakCentral(SmartBreeze)

So.. you want the 1m?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Puppylover_1502

Its my profile name :p Puppylover_1502 <3 Thanks a lot bro!

13. IceShot13

IceShot13 Registered Member

14. IceShot13

IceShot13 Registered Member

People are being over dramatic about this "Harrassment" is you are truly being harassed mute them...It's not that hard! If I was ever harassed I would just blow it off I don't care if people harass me!!! I can actually deal with it and not be somebody who's a coward and thinks their life is the worst because someone was harassing them!

15. IronWilder

Retired

@Puppylover_1502 please don't double post.

@Frimarra I am sadly not Phoenix and I cannot speak for him. However if someone who frequents your establishment and then harasses your employees outside said establishment, the question remains do you want them in your establishment? Also the application system that is used is made so bad apps don't get in, I do not want to elaborate entirely however I will give you the ability to view it for yourself below.

I apologize if it's not entirely clear as it was a comment not an actual thread.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Siruoha

Trial Moderator

My bad, didn't mean to come off rude. I had no intention of hating on you.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Phoenix

Retired

@Frimarra Here is the problem, and here's the nuances to this that I don't think you understand. I'm putting this under sections, because it's a lot of words.

The problem is that this has happened on server-owned stuff. It happened on discord, and it happened on the forums. Have you ever heard the old adage, "Attack the source, not the symptoms?" If players are going off the server to discuss things related to the server, and then come back to the server to spread those things to the server, then it should be punished as something that happened on the server.

I in fact, heard about this on Wednesday. I didn't punish Xen or anyone else on that day, because I wanted to see if this would get leaked back onto the server. And surprise, surprise, it did, following the above description to the letter. This leads me to my next point.

The problem with this example is that it's minor. It's a minor insult, with nothing preceding it. Like I said, staff are expected to deal with a certain level of this. If a staff member on my team mutes you for calling him a loser, I'd say they don't deserve their position. Not only did he start a harmful rumor (she got nudes to get her staff position), but he then spread it to the point that she was being attacked by several people. And, to top it off, she had been attacked before this situation. The reason I got involved was because this is large-scale harassment. It wasn't a case of "Oh no pika's a bad staff member"; It was a group of well-known people attacking someone together with a damaging rumor. Given this scenario, this behavior could catch on if not surpressed. Please note that I said "surpressed". As I said in my announcement, I don't want to create a playerbase where this behavior is considered acceptable. If I set a precedent here that we'll give a standard couple hour mute for large-scale harassment, people will see our leniency and do it more often. This isn't a slap-on-the-wrist "don't do it again", this is a "don't play on our server if you're going to do this". This move will not only scare some people who would do this into hiding/off the server, but would also draw out the supporters and get them to do the same.

This is a fancy way of saying "I can't prove this, but I'll add it in to make you look bad." If by a while you mean Wednesday, you'd be correct that we were watching him. We wanted to see if this would get spread.

Our discord admin had seen them before this, and our logs traced back to further than this. But once again, I don't think it matters if you gossip, I think it matters when you then try to get a group together to collectively hate on an individual.

This is just due to not understanding how we get staff on our team. I made a more in-depth response to that here: https://www.skittlemc.com/threads/this-is-serious.3522/
    The gist of it is that we hold in-game personalities and behaviors of greater or equal importance to staff apps. She might not add periods onto the ending sentences of her paragraphs, but she hasn't sexted, she hasn't harassed anyone, she's never used death threats, and she did not have an attitude. We used to look specifically for people who were always seen in chat helping people, and also passed the background checks. After a while we just ran out of people to take, because most people never got past the second check.

Okay, here's what we got within the past 3 days:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We don't hold evidence past 3 days, so this is what we have right now. But I think the fact that we got this much in just a few days is telling on it's own. And that's discounting the people who ask her for nudes. Yes, we got Xen using 3 people who told us about it. But is there any question that it happened? Based off of what you're saying, you sound like you know it happened as well. Arguing evidence at this point is a cop-out.

Honestly, let's set aside the fact that she's staff for a moment. If this happened to any person, would you say that we shouldn't get involved to stop it? Are you saying that just because she is staff, she should take any and all harassment? What if this happened to someone else? What if the person was 12 years old? We wanted to set the precedent that this was not acceptable behavior. If we ignore what happened, or fail to attack the entirety of the problem, this will happen again.

And I think this is where you're especially wrong. Mineplex failed due to shoddy enforcement against rulebreakers, and innovation that people didn't care for. This move we're taking only affects people who are willing to partake in large-scale harassment. If you're not planning on doing this, the precedent we're setting won't affect you. Yes, it will inevitably drive off some players. But specifically, it will only drive off players who want to justify or defend harassment, and people who want to use this as a tool against people. I see at most, 10 players leaving from this. That's a drop in the bucket compared to our playerbase size, and is a small price to pay, both morally and financially, for taking a stand against this kind of behavior. And the end result is a playerbase with less harassment, that can sustain people more easily. Sorry if you're one of those 10 players.

• Like Like x 7
  18. Phoenix

Retired

Summary
    It's very clear you have a problem with her as a staff member, and that's okay, you're entitled to that opinion. I'm not saying you have to suck up to us. You don't even have to like us. I don't even care if you gossip, but you have to keep that stuff to yourselves. If you start spreading rumors, and those rumors lead to multiple people attacking one person, that's not okay. That's not only harassment, but that's harassment on a large scale, creating a group to gang up against one person. We don't want anyone who encourages or takes part in this behavior on our server; if such behavior becomes prevalent, it will inhibit our ability to retain new players. Since this is one of the few problems I have control over, I'm going to attempt to control it.

You claim that you don't support this type of harassment, that it disgusts you, but when we dig into your arguments, they're superficial at best. You're defending people who harassed someone as a group, just because that person is a staff member you don't like, and you don't like the procedure we used to handle it. But at it's core, being a moderator means stopping exactly these kinds of situations before they escalate. It's about making sure people don't do bad things and get away with it. If we hold ourselves back, people like this will continue to spread rumors about people in general, believing what they're doing is fine due to some loophole. And I've seen what happens to a server when those kinds of people go unchecked. Maybe it's because of the way staff enforcement has been before today, and if that's the case, I'm retraining my staff because this is what's normally supposed to happen. If that's not the case, it's a problem exclusive to you and a minority of people.

This is not normally what's supposed to happen. This is the kind of thing I want to prevent. If this is happening to you, speak up about it. And while I hate to say this, if trainees legitimately aren't giving you the help you need, just go to me. It's better than having your situation never dealt with at all.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Lootiousy

Lootiousy Registered Member

This whole situation just confuses me. I'm not in any way choosing sides. Pika, instead of letting them get to you, try ignoring the situation or possibly blocking them. If you can't handle these kinds of situations, then you aren't fit for staff. I don't know what your expecting. The toxicity is out of hand and u just have to deal with it. Now I am not promoting the people who still mess around with her to continue. As my opinion doesn't matter I will say to just drop it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Puppylover_1502

Its not being 'over dramatic', its the truth!! Some people aren't like you and they take things to heart. I know i do. But you can't change a persons life. Its their own life, you have your own. So don't call people cowards just because they aren't like you. Harass is a big problem in this world and obviously starting to get to this server, discord, forums etc. Its not just a couple of hurtful things that you can just ignore. Sometimes it is, but sometimes it isn't and it might be hard for people to just brush it off. People like that need encouragement!! Not criticism! Now please stop this and don't call people cowards just for the sake of it.

-Puppy :p <3

P.S. You aren't a staff member so don't tell people "it's not hard to mute them". I'm sure you haven't been staff on this server so please don't say stuff like that when you don't know if it is even true!! Thanks for listening, and a note, not trying to be rude.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.