1. Connect to the server with the IP: SkittleMC.com | See you there!
    Dismiss Notice

Announcement Regarding Recent Harassment

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Phoenix, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Manager
    Staff Member Manager

Hello everyone. I'd like to talk to you about drama for a moment.

I used to work on a different server, before eventually coming to Skittle. On this server, there was a consistent problem with drama. There were certain individuals, who, when they didn't like someone, they would consistently harass that individual, spreading rumors just to defame them, and sometimes even going as far as to falsify information to set people up. Because of this, many players left, and many staff members resigned. That server isn't in a good spot today.

We have noticed something similar starting to happen on this server. Certain individuals are calling out other players/staff members and insulting them, not for constructive criticism, but solely just to bully them. Some individuals have gone as far as sending their friends to harass other players in PMs, and spreading nasty rumors behind staff members backs on separate, player owned discords. Staff members are normally able to tolerate a certain level of harassment. But this has gotten so out of control that I've been forced to step in.

Let me make my stance very clear on this: I do not tolerate harassment, and I especially don't tolerate harassment on this scale. If you have a legitimate problem with someone, make a report. A valid report, with evidence, and something they actually did wrong. Otherwise, we don't need you here. I will be handing out 2 week bans to those who have been participating in this behavior. They will not be allowed to buy their way out of these bans, and we will not be accepting their appeals. If this is the kind of trouble you're willing to cause us, we are not willing to house you here.

If you are a victim of large-scale harassment that has gone on for several weeks, I'll extend the same kind of protection to you. PM me or make a report if this is the case.

2. CravingBanana

CravingBanana Registered Member

Wow... Never knew this was happening this much and became such a problem. I respect you and staff Phoenix and will continue to do so, and turn my back to the hate. You are better and so are all staff than what people imply and the amount of criticism received from lack of staff, inactive staff etc... is morally incorrect. I'll stand by all of your sides and as I said support you, because you all work much harder than others seem to give the impression. Just a tip: Never give in to hate, as my signature says "Be yourself, everyone else is taken". Alright take care, hope this gets sorted soon and good luck Phoenix <3

3. MachineManiaIII

MachineManiaIII Manager
    Staff Member Manager

4. SaltyWhale_

SaltyWhale_ Registered Member

XenEpic and OmegaQuasar are banned?? i thought they were friendly ppl and were helpful towards me. well XenEpic was quite the sweary bunch, AND he has been speaking trash about disabled ppl (soz XEN :p) but omegaquasar? wow i am quite sad and dissappointed to see those 2 banned. o_O

5. QuanTaun

QuanTaun Registered Member

Wow, i am truly sorry(for the other people i do not endorse harassment either) that this has been going on, I didn't notice in the least. I guess you get wrapped up in Skittle. Anyways, I and many other people on the server just want a safe and fun place to play so never think that you and the other staff members are fighting this without support from the player's side! :)

6. CravingBanana

CravingBanana Registered Member

Exactly, I'm supporting the staff on this one <3

7. QuanTaun

QuanTaun Registered Member

Why of course! They do so much.

8. Marshmellow1019

Marshmellow1019 Registered Member

You guys have to realize that this is a personal thing that this person did with another. You guys might ever meet this person; so thats why anyone who is getting their feelings hurt or getting "bullied", you guys have to ignore the people hating on you. Thats all

9. Phoenix

Phoenix Manager
    Staff Member Manager

[​IMG]

1. I recognize you. You're one of the people responsible, and I think that context matters when considering what you said.

2. This has been going on for too long now, and it will lead to a community no one wants to be a part of. When you're going around people's back, trying to bring more and more people in to help hate this person, that needs to receive consequences.

10. dylan

dylan Registered Member

if they are one of the people responsible why have they not been punished? Ingame?

Puppylover_1502 likes this.
  11. Phoenix

Phoenix Manager
    Staff Member Manager

We took some time to track their IGN down, but we have now banned them.

#11 Phoenix, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  12. dylan

dylan Registered Member

okay and i just want to add that this should have never happened and i feel so bad for anyone affected.

GrimPepper and Phoenix like this.
  13. TeranX

TeranX Registered Member

I've seen this happened to some players/staff and I think this is really bad because this can have effect on a persons life, Its just such a waste of time trying to harass someone or make someone feel sad. There is literally no point in it, I hope that the server monitors and gets rid of these people. Lets gain more members and enjoy the same with them!

I've also visited the bans, I saw many people were banned due to this and I could not believe there were so many things like this going on '-'

#13 TeranX, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  14. Siruoha

Siruoha Registered Member

Ok, so, harassment. big subject.

I think it is downright disgusting, immature, inhumane and just incredibly rude to ever harass a player. It can actually have an effect on the person in real life and I just don't mentally understand why someone would harass someone. No one gains anything. It is just pure hate trying to force that person to feel horrible. I myself clearly do not support this at all with no conditions. I hope this server rids all of this drama and harassment before it can escalate. Lots of people love this server and community, including me, and I wouldn't want to see it turn into what has happened to Phoenix's old staff server. I wish you staff good luck, I hope you get rid of these players purposefully making peoples day worse. Anyone who is a victim of this disgusting act I plead you come to me and we can talk if you need or want to.

15. JavaKat104

JavaKat104 Registered Member

I knew harassment was a big deal on the server, but not that big - I feel sorry for everyone that has been harassed and hopefully it stops now.
    Phonx also you made a spelling mistake
    "I used to work on a different server, before eventually coming to Skittle. On this server, there was a consistent problem with drama. There were certain individuals, who, when they didn't like someone, they would consistently harass that individual, spreading rumors just to defame them, and sometimes even goins as far as to falsify information to set people up. Because of this, many players left, and many staff members resigned. That server isn't in a good spot today."

DroidRazer and Phoenix like this.
  16. Puppylover_1502

Puppylover_1502 Registered Member

This is really true. I have seen people getting banned for no reason, only because the banner didn't like that player. Yes, i know if you don't like someone you don't want them to stay, but seriously, just deal with it. This does not mean i am against what Phoenix said, i agree with it one-hundred percent. But only ban people because they actually did something against the rules!!
    I have also witnessed me being teleported to another player, not know that he/she was going to KILL ME in no advanced notice. I had a Prot 8 Diamond Chest-plate, with 3 God Apples and other stuff that wasn't too important. He did not give it back, only did he blackmail me, saying to pay 300k (which, i did not have and i actually told him so!!). Anyway, so in the end, a lovely friend of mine, as well as staff member, gave me my stuff back and i was very thankful and glad.

I have told many people that this server is one of the NICEST and GENEROUS server out of many servers I have been on and heard of. It amazed me on how many people were so kind and saying lovely comments to me that just made me love this server even more. I DO NOT WANT THIS SERVER TO GO DOWN HILL AND BECOME DRAMATIC, LIKE PHOENIX EXPLAINED!! PLEASE, LET THIS BE A ONE OFF THING AND STOP THIS NONSENSE!!

Thanks a lot my friends, for reading right to the end. I hope this has changed black-hearted people's minds.

-Puppy <3 :p

17. Pik_A_Boo

Pik_A_Boo Trial-Moderator
    Staff Member

You guys need to understand harassment/bullying is a constant issue. For me personally, I didn't even want to get out of bed because of what I woke up to. Having to wake up, to people writing nasty comments on my profile, really hit me hard, to the point I won't even touch my dinner, when the time came. All I ate today was junk food because I thought what's the point in trying.

You need to remember, behind every computer screen, behind every phone screen, behind any screen, there is a human being. There is a human being with a heart and soul. So to write hateful thing to that human being, with the intent of hurt them, is disgusting, and I won't tolerate that. If you think, just because you don't know them or just because you're not saying it to their face, justify hateful comments, you need to take a look in the mirror and realize you are what is wrong with this world. Commenting hateful stuff on someone's profile is the same thing as saying it to their face, but maybe a little worse.

18. RodgersMDH

RodgersMDH Registered Member

At this point I do not know what to say.
    The fact that members I know and have once been associated with (not with bullying/harassment, but more friendly purposes), would go all the way and do things like this. It upsets me, genuinely. No player should have to tolerate harassment of this form, and I am truly sorry for any victims of this harsh treatment. Players that feel the need to go the extra mile and spread rumors as well as harass make me sick. There are plenty of alternatives to sort out issues, but harassing, bullying, or generally being a dick to another user should not be one of them.

Acting like this in real life can contain much harsher punishments, and sometimes leads to getting yourself beaten up. Yes, this is rare, but my point is that it does happen.

Again, I feel sorry for the victims, just know that there are people who care.

EDIT:

While people are getting bullied and harassed, you are pointing out a grammatical error. Nice.

19. Siruoha

Siruoha Registered Member

It was a 2 letter mistake... We are talking about harassment and cyber-bullying and you are fussing over a 2 letter mistake.

Remember, you people know who you are. Bullies behind screens are still bullies. Once, I was told by my educator that sticks and stones could break my bones, but words could never hurt me. That, is far from the truth in the modern era.

I was thinking about this for a while and I thought this up. Imagine, the people harassing you, they are like sand paper. They hurt you but then, in the end, you end up polished and they end up useless.

Aqya, Leaber10120 and RodgersMDH like this.
  20. Puppylover_1502

Puppylover_1502 Registered Member

I think you are absolutely right. Here's some advice. You don't need to take it, but read it.

You are you, don't change anything about yourself. Don't listen to ANYONE who says hateful comments. Just brush it off. I know it's hard, but do it. Because, it is your life. You choose every choice. You listen to hateful comments. But don't! Don't let them win, don't let them walk all over you. It's your life!! You can beat them. Don't just give of on your life because some random says bullpoop to you! Deep down, it takes an evil, spiteful heart to say hateful things to someone, online, to their face etc. But, if you ignore them, oh, they are useless! They dial it down, trust me! I know I'm another random behind a screen but at least i have a heart. A loving, helpful one to be exact. Really, these people disgust me. That is why i'm trying to help you. Thanks for reading you legend. And also, know that you are loved by many. (not including me because idk you but still xD)

BrokenDawn36146 likes this.