play.skittlemc.com

Click to copy IP Address!

• Connect to the server with the IP: SkittleMC.com | See you there!

Announcement Monthly Subscriptions

Hello,

With the addition of Crates to SkittleMC, we're also going to be adding something new: Monthly Subscriptions. To start off, you will be able to purchase the Monthly Crate Bundle at the store (https://buy.skittlemc.com/). Essentially, you'd be paying around $30 a month in return for a set amount of each type of Crate Key. The advantage of using a Monthly Subscription is that while it helps us organize and allocate funds towards different forms of expansion and optimization, it provides you with in-game content at a discounted price from if you purchased the items individually. The first Monthly Subscription you can purchase (The Monthly Crate Bundle) will be live on Wednesday, February 14th, paired alongside a Valentine's Day Sale.

Additionally, we'll be rolling out other updates to the store within the next couple of days, so please make sure to check in every once and a while for new content and store changes. SkittleMC is not responsible for any mishap that may occur due to an inability to check for store updates.

Thomas Grant

Registered Member
Raj, to be honest, I’m not sure implementing this is such a good idea. In my opinion, I think you need to look at the ages of your consumers. Most of the people who I’ve interacted with seem to be children or teenagers; I doubt those people are willing to spend 30 dollars a month on a minecraft subscription for rank keys. It was a good idea and I think it could be implemented and used in the future, however, I do not think right now is the right time for the idea to prosper. But then again, this is just my opinion...thanks.

MissDan

Registered Member
Consider the age groups on the server, the kids won’t know what they’re doing or what’s going on when they are buying they just want the product. Some kids don’t even ask for parental permission to purchase some of this stuff and later they find unknown charges on their cards? Honestly.. you should start getting an age verification system going if you want to do a monthly subscription. I don’t think parents who don’t know ow what their kids are doing on the internet would enjoy having sudden unknown charges to their cards every month.

9BV

Registered Member
Consider the age groups on the server, the kids won’t know what they’re doing or what’s going on when they are buying they just want the product. Some kids don’t even ask for parental permission to purchase some of this stuff and later they find unknown charges on their cards? Honestly.. you should start getting an age verification system going if you want to do a monthly subscription. I don’t think parents who don’t know ow what their kids are doing on the internet would enjoy having sudden unknown charges to their cards every month.
yeah i agree. the server is 95% kids between the age of 10 and 18, and some of the younger ones do steal their parents credit cards to buy stuff. if a kid took their parents credit card and bought a subscription to this, it would be awful for the parents

IronWilder

Registered Member
@Raj Heres my question. If we cancel the subscription will we be banned for reasons similar to charge back? How do we even cancel the subscription? If this is a permanent thing than I gotta say there’s no way in hell im getting it, just saying.

Uni

Registered Member

Hello,

With the addition of Crates to SkittleMC, we're also going to be adding something new: Monthly Subscriptions. To start off, you will be able to purchase the Monthly Crate Bundle at the store (https://buy.skittlemc.com/). Essentially, you'd be paying around $30 a month in return for a set amount of each type of Crate Key. The advantage of using a Monthly Subscription is that while it helps us organize and allocate funds towards different forms of expansion and optimization, it provides you with in-game content at a discounted price from if you purchased the items individually. The first Monthly Subscription you can purchase (The Monthly Crate Bundle) will be live on Wednesday, February 14th, paired alongside a Valentine's Day Sale.

Additionally, we'll be rolling out other updates to the store within the next couple of days, so please make sure to check in every once and a while for new content and store changes. SkittleMC is not responsible for any mishap that may occur due to an inability to check for store updates.
A lot of people are kids/ older children + adults may forget to sto the subscription!

Thomas Grant

Registered Member
To be honest, I get Skittle won’t make as much money in the short term. But, if moving up in game is all dependent on irl money, SkittleMC becomes a pay to win game which many players might not be able to afford, myself included. I’m proposing the creation of a YouTube channel and daily videos, which should bring in enough daily revenue to keep Skittle alive until a better solution can be created.

MissDan

Registered Member
To be honest, I get Skittle won’t make as much money in the short term. But, if moving up in game is all dependent on irl money, SkittleMC becomes a pay to win game which many players might not be able to afford, myself included. I’m proposing the creation of a YouTube channel and daily videos, which should bring in enough daily revenue to keep Skittle alive until a better solution can be created.
JayTuu
DoniBobes
And maybe a few others.
The server isn’t going anywhere.

A lot of people are kids/ older children + adults may forget to sto the subscription!
When the user checks out their subscription package, or even select the package for that matter, they are informed that they will be billed monthly for the subscription. If the user and/or his guardian (Depending on age, as anyone under the age of 18 should be purchasing these packages with the approval of his or her guardian) fails to understand this, then that's an error on their fault, as we've done our part to inform the user multiple times about the nature of these subscriptions (Hence why they're in a completely separate category labeled "Subscriptions").
[doublepost=1518642100,1518641870][/doublepost]
JayTuu
DoniBobes
And maybe a few others.
The server isn’t going anywhere.
I wouldn't jump to conclusions right yet. We still have other forms of advertisement that we haven't even bothered to delve into yet, and even then, we still have other YouTubers. For example, we have JackSucksAtLife, who coincidently just uploaded a video on SkittleMC around 30 minutes ago.

It's a lot more complicated than what you proposed, and even then, that wouldn't work at all considering the nature of YouTube these days. We aren't releasing these for the intent of our own monetary gain, but for the betterment of SkittleMC. I can't delve too far into details, but I can openly say that neither Steven or I released this for our own selfish purposes.

yeah i agree. the server is 95% kids between the age of 10 and 18, and some of the younger ones do steal their parents credit cards to buy stuff. if a kid took their parents credit card and bought a subscription to this, it would be awful for the parents
What many do not consider is this is a reoccurring problem for us, and many minecraft servers alike. Not just limited to subscriptions, but even one-off payments. Kids frequently steal their parents cards and make purchases on our store.

Then what ends up happening is the kid who stole the parent's card impulsively spends 100's of dollars on our store, racking up even thousands sometimes.

Then when the parent charges back all these payments, it becomes a massive financial burden for us dealing with the reversals + fees.

---

It has got to the point where we have created very strict rules on our payment processing service, such as denying cards that have had even the slightest history of fraud or chargebacks. This is why many people's cards typically decline, it's to protect us from potential damage.

@Raj Heres my question. If we cancel the subscription will we be banned for reasons similar to charge back? How do we even cancel the subscription? If this is a permanent thing than I gotta say there’s no way in hell im getting it, just saying.
If you cancel the subscription you will not be banned for charging back, as that only happens when you try to dispute the payment. Additionally, to cancel the subscription, you'd need to do that through PayPal. Instructions on how to cancel a PayPal subscription can be found online through PayPal's FAQ