play.skittlemc.com

Click to copy IP Address!

• Connect to the server with the IP: SkittleMC.com | See you there!

Open Hopper limit

TheSadBandit

Registered Member
  • Minecraft Username: TheSadBandit
  • Category: Skyblock
  • Urgency: A bit urgent
Detailed Information
  • Description: Increase hopper limit to infinite. I don't see why there should be a hopper limit.

• Image/Video (Link): None

The limit to the hoppers is to decrease the amount of lag on the server, we are looking into increasing the number possibly a little at a time to keep the server stable as possible.

Fishkingb

Registered Member
It’s true hoppers make a lot of lag making it not fun for other players to play if they can’t even tell what they r doing

TheSadBandit

Registered Member
I've reached the hopper limit many times on my island and I don't experience lag. I also don't play on a gaming computer (MacBook Air), so I don't see why people with better setups than me would be lagging.

Cytosematic

Trial Moderator
It's for the server tick rate. Even running just a little test server on 1 gig of ram on an old laptop you can get away with quite a bit. But 700 hoppers, especially in a big chain are constantly checking for items on top of them, transferring em, and so on. It's like grandpa stringing up 100,000 Christmas lights and watching the wires melt from the reactor core as it saturates the entire power grid and consumes gigawatts of electricity.

TheSadBandit

Registered Member
xD I’m on a new 2018 Mac Book Pro I get like 120 FPS and I lag from hoppers
I'm on a 2015 MacBook Air and I don't lag, I also use Optifine though, so I set everything to detailed but fast, and only have my chunks set to 24. I have a massive pumpkin farm, so if I don't lag from that, I don't think I could lag from anything tbh (other people working on it sometimes lag).

It's for the server tick rate. Even running just a little test server on 1 gig of ram on an old laptop you can get away with quite a bit. But 700 hoppers, especially in a big chain are constantly checking for items on top of them, transferring em, and so on. It's like grandpa stringing up 100,000 Christmas lights and watching the wires melt from the reactor core as it saturates the entire power grid and consumes gigawatts of electricity.
I'm assuming the server runs on more than a 1gb of ram though, and with the amount of money that comes in, maybe upgrading the ram to allow for more hoppers would be good? (I know it's not up to the staff team to do so, it's up to the owners).